Search This Blog

Friday, October 7, 2011

New Day Foster Home

Recently someone gave me the link to New Day Foster Home, which is a facility in China that takes care of children until they can be placed in good homes. Looking at the pictures of the children and reading their stories makes my heart break for them. Most of those babies were abandoned, just left alone in the street, until someone found them. They were abandoned just because there was something wrong with them, or because they were of the wrong gender; but there was nothing wrong with them-God made them that way for a reason. They may have a deformity, but that doesn't mean they don't need love. Each and every one of them is a tiny, adorable, sweet and beautiful gift.
This foster home takes in the babies nobody else wants, and gives them the loving care they need so desperately. Each one of those babies has a story; they also have a lifetime ahead of them. God has a plan for all of them, and thanks to people who care, each one of those little lives can be fulfilled. That's what I want to do someday-change Chinese children's lives. That is the reason I'm learning to read, write, and speak their language. That's what I'm called to do.

4 comments:

  1. The more you learn the greater you will be used of God Saige. I am so very proud of you and the way you are embracing the call of God on your life. One day you will realize that His plan for you was from the foundation of the world. When you step into China for the first time you will know and the spirit within you will be at home. I am praying for you and I feel it won't be long before you realize your dream. God will suprnaturally prepare you for His purpose. I am looking to the day when your purpose is fulfilled in Him. Love you very much, Mamaw

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :( poor kids. and you know chinese??

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, I'm learning it though. I hope I'll be able to speak it fluently eventually, but I'm no where near that now ;)

    ReplyDelete