Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Autumn

Hey! I’m Saige, (NOT Sage. There is a different pronunciation-the G is softer in my name). Anyway, I’m twelve years old and a typical home-schooled girl. One thing, though-my family is going into full time missions with YWAM (Youth With A Mission) in January. Unfortunately, we will be driving on my birthday (January second). But that doesn’t matter at all because the place we are driving to will change my life more than a thirteenth birthday would. Obeying God’s call on one’s life is the most important thing in all of the Milky Way. Not to mention I’ll get to spend my birthday in several different states.
Autumn is glorious! I live in the country, and every tree is a different shade of orange, yellow, red, or brown. If you put that up against a clear blue sky, you’ve got a masterpiece! Wasn’t it thoughtfully creative of God to create every season so unique and beautiful in different ways?

The view from my deck

5 comments:

  1. Amen... Glorious is the Word that has come to mind when I have surveyed the sights of this splendid season. Also, the song lyrics, "I was created to make Your Praise glorious" have been my meditation. May all the various and creative ways to display His glory arise in each of His children in this season... in different hues perhaps, just like the fall leaves, but each as a vibrant testimony to God's Grace in our lives! Looking forward to reading your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I have the most beautiful grandaughter
    in all the earth. Her spirit is so pure and her life shines like the stars at midnight. Being called as a family to the mission field is a precious gift from God. As much as we will miss having the family close to us all of these years, we would not want to miss God in this, so we send them out with all our love and pray that they will be in the field what they have been in the family, loving and caring for the needs of others. We love you Saige and will miss you all so very much. Mamaw and Papaw are so very proud of you and how you have grown into His likeness. I guess we will have to fire up the Motor Coach and come and see you in the spring. Love and blessings my sweet Saige, Mamaw Rapp

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Milky Ways! Okay, lets get on subject... You are a great writer. Nothing like spending your thirteenth birthday 4 God, and making a change of your life on that special day... Way to go SAGE!...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Nicole.You have great writing talent. Hey, can you write every time you go on a missionary trip and up-date when you go somewhere... Like say you are flying somewhere taking a few days, you tell us when you reach the place where you are going.Thanks,Charis. <3 I luv u!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Nicole, what a jokester! SAGE. I try to say it the right way but when your talking fast you just automatically go J instead of something like jsh kind of like a cross between j and shhhh.
    Charis

    ReplyDelete